Sunday, February 22, 2009

What Are Blogs For?


It's been a long time since I've posted. I guess I blame Christmas and taxes and preparing for a new year. Anyway, one of my reasons for doing this was always to post things I think I am learning.

One way to study the Bible is with pen in hand. I often do this in order to make myself regurgitate what I am learning. Otherwise it goes in my eyes and drifts off into an empty void between my ears. I was reading one of the epistles and suddenly realized, "Hey, this is supposed to be a letter. Why not re-write it as one and see it as what it was originally and not what it is to us, a book in the Bible." Anyway that is my project with Romans. Now, I am not claiming this as a translation or even a paraphrase but more as a personal application of the information. I am aware of the danger of speculation. I don't want to do that but I have gained some helpful insights on some hard passages. If you are willing you can read these and discuss, correct and warn me when I'm getting off-base. Maybe you can tell me how to word it better.

No comments: