Saturday, April 18, 2009

Time Bomb


Romans 7:7-14

This might lead us to think that law is sin. No, not at all. In fact, I myself would never have come to a knowledge of sin except through law. I thought I had my life under control until I realized the law said, "You shall not covet." That's when sin got a foothold in my life. It produced in me an obsession with every kind of lust imaginable. Before this sin had no power. Sin lay dormant in me waiting for an opportunity but when the commandment became alive to me those sinful desires took on a life of their own. They deceptively used that law to produce in me a painful shameful death. I can't blame laws commands and rules for this. There is nothing wrong with them. No, its the sin that was always there in me. God must use this process to awaken us to the fact that there is plenty of sin hiding within us. He uses this spiritual law to continually show us our bondage to sin.

No comments: